Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic    MAYHEM RC RACEWAY Forum Index » FUMES View previous topic
View next topic
ah nitro
UNLUCKY

Post Reply with quote
WADE wrote:
Velocity wrote:
Tab and I went to union springs H.S. last night and I ran my engine for the 1st time since the rebuild. After I got the needles right it was awesome. It had way more snap to the throttle and good speed. It idled nice and low without stalling. I was impressed and was ready to call it a night when it suddenly died at idle. It wouldnt turn over with the bump box or pull starter and I had to use a screwdriver on the flywheel to get the piston at bottom center. Sad to report it is ruined :cry: The piston pin retaining clip came out and got chewed up in the engine. I have a huge gouge down the side of my piston. It's nothing I or propinch did- just a freak thing. The rod was never taken off the piston for the sleeve work i had done
bummer...................hey unlucky, this qualifies for one of our famous....YE.......AWWWWW'S!!!!!!

you got that right wade, sorry for the end to your day velocity, been there done that several times. :cry:

August 6, 2007, 8:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Velocity

Post Reply with quote
I got lucky and found a new stock engine for cheap from a place in Middletown that converts 1/8 nitro's into brushless/4c lipo and resells them RTR. One of the cars they convert is the rally car version of my truggy chassis with the same gxr .28. I got everything with it- gas tank, air filter, complete exhaust and clutch for less than 1/2 of a new engine alone :D
August 11, 2007, 6:54 am View user's profile Send private message
WADE
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Velocity wrote:
I got lucky and found a new stock engine for cheap from a place in Middletown that converts 1/8 nitro's into brushless/4c lipo and resells them RTR. One of the cars they convert is the rally car version of my truggy chassis with the same gxr .28. I got everything with it- gas tank, air filter, complete exhaust and clutch for less than 1/2 of a new engine alone :D
hope you have better luck with this one........

August 11, 2007, 10:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Velocity

Post Reply with quote
got the new engine yesterday :D The only thing I had to change was the clutch nut. It had a long one for the 2 speed car. The flywheel was the same and it came with aluminum shoes. I'm going to break it in tomarrow after work 8)
August 14, 2007, 7:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Velocity

Post Reply with quote
my 2nd engine ran great! It has so much power I have had nothing but drivetrain problems since. I guess I need to pull all 3 diffs and check them after each race day. Getting the helical cut gears shimmed right is tricky. You cant see the mesh when its together :?
September 20, 2007, 5:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Velocity

Post blow the dust off Reply with quote
I raced my truggy in Joplin, MO last weekend. 1st race in over 2yrs! I have not raced since CRC. Ive never been to this track and only practiced 15 mins. 1st heat- 4th. 2nd heat- 3rd and was in 3rd in the A main when my clutch blew with 2 laps left. One of the alum shoes broke and it froze up. Not bad against 9 locals hey? The people were nice and sold .50 sodas/water and $1 hot dogs. No extra charge for house transponders. It reminded me of Mayhems sniff Sad Heres a link that has pics of the shop/track:
http://hobbyworldevents.info/default.aspx
June 12, 2010, 3:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MAYHEM RC RACEWAY Forum Index » FUMES All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: